Tips for Parents: 1. Agree with your child rules for internet use in your home ( how long is an acceptable time to use phones and tablets, manners and appropriate language when messaging and gaming, what sites are allowed and not allowed for your child to visit) Encourage your child to be careful if disclosing personal information.
2. Talk to your child about the risks of meeting 'friends' in person.
3. Report online material you may consider illegal to appropriate authorities. Hotline.ie is an anonymous faculty for the public to report illegal content or contact your local Garda station.
4. Be mindful of your own internet use as a parent.
5. Passwords. treat your passwords like a toothbrush, never share it and change it regularly.
6. Friending- Children receive many friends requests for friends. Monitor this and have rules in place for accepting friends. When posting comments think before you post, respect, never share personal information, never send a rude, hurtful or nasty message.
7. Allow your children to show you what they like online.
FREE 6 WEEK RELAXATION COURSE FOR PARENTS 25th April-30 May 2018 Tuesday 9:15-11:45 Mindful room Boys school Spaces available
Free Art Course for Parents February 8th-28 2018
Parents in the Virgin Mary school and in the community have made many crafts and art pieces this year. All are sold to raise money for our schools at the Christmas Fair every December. Thanks to all parents that give up their time to make crafts for fundraising to ensure school trips, excursions and sports equipment are affordable and accessible for all the children in the Virgin Mary Schools.